Monday, April 26, 2010

Maui for my birthday

WOW what a birthday this turned out to be! Josh really worked to make my 30th birthday special and he did a wonderful job. This was suppose to be a surprise right up until Wednesday, but I ended up finding out a week early. It was a good thing because I really needed time to prepare myself for leaving Alexander for 5 nights. We dropped him off with Dan and Mary on Wednesday after noon and left bright and early Thursday morning on a non stop flight to Maui. We stayed at a beautiful hotel in the Northern most town called Kapalua (well at least most northern off of Highway 30). We had a fun filled trip with surf lessons, afternoon naps, sushi, sight seeing, shaved ice, sunset cruise with four whales, and lots of window shopping. I have been to Maui three times now and every time I go I fall in love with it more and more. I posted most of the pictures on Facebook, but here are my top picks for showing our stay the best.
















I wasted no time the minute we got there enjoying the back patio


















Looking back up the hill from the bottom portion of the pool

























Our surfing instructor Jason (I like to brag that I got up on the board my first try and had no wipe outs!!)




















Sushi! I liked it despite my ideas of what it would be like




















This is Lorraine. We owe her $2 because we didn't have enough cash. She was so sweet and made me a shaved ice anyway and then invited us to sit in her back yard. We ended up staying 2 hours with her!

























The coolest blow hole I think I have ever seen. There are some other pictures on Facebook of it when I get about 60 ft in the air

























The sunset cruise our last night. It was a perfect way to end our trip, great appetizers and drinks with the added bonus of seeing four hump back whales. Great memories!!

1 comment:

mr. pineapple man said...

happy bday! i've been to hawaii a lot of times but never made it to the other islands..Always went to the same old oahu- it hasn't changed at all!