Monday, December 1, 2014

Our Homeschool Room Reveal

As our boys entered school age my husband and I wanted to consider all possible options for their education. The schools in our district are not bad, but those poor teachers are trying to work with 30-35+ kids. We did private school for a couple years, but finally decided to bring our oldest home and begin homeschooling. What an adventure it has been! Everyday is a confirmation to me that we made the right decision for this season in our life. We continue to work out kinks and learn from each other, but it is a choice I am so happy we made. I will be using this page to share what we do and how things are working for us.

With all the research I did leading up to our decision I had a lot of information to sort through and figure out how I wanted to run things during school time. I am blessed to have a room in our home that I can dedicate to school. Over the last few months I have been planning, shopping, rearranging and finally this weekend, painting. The result is a room that I am very excited to be spending a few hours a day in. 

This is the view of the room as you walk in. I have been going back and forth as to if I want to put a cushion on the horizontal IKEA book shelf so that it would be more of a comfortable bench. 

This is my side of table. I sit on my chair next to the white board and us it to teach lessons, explain problems, and make lists for the day. Alexander loves to choose the order he does his school work in.


This is Asher's area. I have the four cubbies filled with things I have found at garage sales, IKEA, Costco and things passed down from Alexander. He spends a lot of time playing in this area while we do school, it's been a great investment.


There are some display shelves I purchased off of Craigslist. I'm not sure I am in love with my decor, but it works 


This is Alexander's reading area and Asher's alphabet board. 

And this is my sweet 2nd grader doing his Raz Kids reading. His confidence really increased after starting to go through this program. I am very thankful for the opportunity to use it.



No comments: