Sunday, April 20, 2008

Saturday Morning Story

It was a quiet Saturday morning. The baby was down for his morning nap. Fingers striking a keyboard and the microwave heating water were the only sounds in the house. I sat quietly in my favorite chair by the window and began a new book. It had only took me five days to finish the last one and I was excited to read another in the series. After finishing the first chapter I paused to take a drink of my hot chocolate. I quickly became captivated by the beauty of the snow falling outside. As I sat there enjoying the warmth of my drink and the comfort of a good book, I suddenly realized IT WAS APRIL!! Why was it so cold and why the heck was it snowing so close to my birthday? The thought quickly faded, though, as I remember how much I love watching snow fall, and how easily it can take me back to some of the fondest memories of my childhood. So I leaned back, grabbed my book and began Chapter 2.
THE END

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So that explains it. God gave you the snow for your birthday. Thanks Katie! We all had to endure the cold weather because God Loves You. Great!

Just kidding I loved the snow too. Happy Post Birthday